Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration at Capella University

Find Schools Near

Public Administration at Capella University

If you plan to study public administration, take a look at what Capella University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Capella University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and approximately 38,930 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Administration section at the bottom of this page.

Capella University Public Administration Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Admin
  • Doctorate Degree in Public Admin

Online Classes Are Available at Capella University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

For those who are interested in distance learning, Capella University does offer online courses in public admin for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

Capella University Public Administration Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

In 2020, 63 students received their master’s degree in public admin from Capella University. This makes it the #56 most popular school for public admin master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 10 students who received their doctoral degrees in public admin, making the school the #7 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Public Admin Student Demographics at Capella University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public admin majors at Capella University.

Capella University Public Administration Master’s Program

71% Women
51% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public admin program at Capella University awarded 92 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 29% of these degrees went to men with the other 71% going to women.

undefined

In the public admin master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 51% of degree recipients. That is 9% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a master's in public admin.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 42
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 24
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 21

Capella University also has a doctoral program available in public admin. In 2020, 33 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Public Admin Grads May Go Into

A degree in public admin can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MN, the home state for Capella University.

Occupation Jobs in MN Average Salary in MN
General and Operations Managers 46,440 $112,120
Managers 9,350 $128,590
Chief Executives 5,970 $195,320
Social and Community Service Managers 3,360 $75,280
Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers 2,260 $102,500

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.