Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration at American Public University System

Find Schools Near

Public Administration at American Public University System

What traits are you looking for in a public admin school? To help you decide if American Public University System is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's public admin program.

American Military University is located in Charles Town, West Virginia and has a total student population of 46,420.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Administration section at the bottom of this page.

American Military University Public Administration Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Admin

Online Classes Are Available at American Military University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

American Military University does offer online education options in public admin for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Master’s Degree

American Military University Public Administration Rankings

Public Admin Student Demographics at American Military University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public admin majors at American Public University System.

American Military University Public Administration Master’s Program

43% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The public admin program at American Military University awarded 79 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 57% of these degrees went to men with the other 43% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 40% men graduate in public admin each year. American Military University does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 17% more men than average.

American Military University Gender Breakdown of Public Administration Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a public admin master's degree from American Military University, 51% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Public University System with a master's in public admin.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Public Administration Majors at American Public University System
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 20
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 40
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 12

Careers That Public Admin Grads May Go Into

A degree in public admin can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WV, the home state for American Public University System.

Occupation Jobs in WV Average Salary in WV
General and Operations Managers 11,100 $87,430
Managers 1,880 $77,290
Chief Executives 1,000 $153,880
Legislators 650 $28,520
Social and Community Service Managers 450 $56,460

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.