Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at American Public University System

Find Schools Near

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at American Public University System

Every parks, recreation, leisure, and fitness studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the parks and rec program at American Public University System stacks up to those at other schools.

American Military University is located in Charles Town, West Virginia and approximately 46,420 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 421 parks and rec majors received their bachelor's degree from American Military University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies section at the bottom of this page.

American Military University Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Parks & Rec
  • Master’s Degree in Parks & Rec

Online Classes Are Available at American Military University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? American Military University offers distance education options for parks and rec at the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

American Military University Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the parks and rec progam at American Military University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

In terms of overall quality, College Factual ranked the parks and rec major at American Military University at 200 out of the 417 colleges and universities that were analyzed in the report. It is also ranked as the #2 school in West Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Schools 1
Most Popular Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 9
Highest Paid Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Graduates 10
Best Online Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Schools 15
Best Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Colleges for Veterans 59
Best Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 75

In 2019, 150 students received their master’s degree in parks and rec from American Military University. This makes it the #7 most popular school for parks and rec master’s degree candidates in the country.

Parks & Rec Student Demographics at American Military University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the parks and rec majors at American Public University System.

American Military University Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor’s Program

36% Women
34% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 421 students earned a bachelor's degree in parks and rec from American Military University. About 36% of these graduates were women and the other 64% were men.

American Military University Gender Breakdown of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 61% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in parks and rec at American Military University are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Public University System with a bachelor's in parks and rec.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Majors at American Public University System
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 60
Hispanic or Latino 52
White 256
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 45

American Military University Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Master’s Program

40% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 150 students earned a master's degree in parks and rec from American Military University. About 40% of these graduates were women and the other 60% were men.

American Military University Gender Breakdown of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Master's Degree Grads

In the parks and rec master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 40% of degree recipients. That is 11% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Public University System with a master's in parks and rec.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Majors at American Public University System
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 32
Hispanic or Latino 18
White 74
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 21

Concentrations Within Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies

The following parks and rec concentations are available at American Public University System. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from American Public University System. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Health & Physical Education 580

Careers That Parks & Rec Grads May Go Into

A degree in parks and rec can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WV, the home state for American Public University System.

Occupation Jobs in WV Average Salary in WV
General and Operations Managers 11,100 $87,430
Managers 1,880 $77,290
Coaches and Scouts 870 $48,160
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 690 $33,730
Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Supervisors 440 $41,990

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.