Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Western Washington University

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Western Washington University

If you are interested in studying information technology, you may want to check out the program at Western Washington University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

WWU is located in Bellingham, Washington and has a total student population of 16,142. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 11 students received a bachelor's degree in IT from WWU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

WWU Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in IT (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT

WWU Information Technology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IT progam at WWU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IT major at WWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 106
Most Popular Information Technology Basic Certificate Schools 252

IT Student Demographics at WWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Western Washington University.

WWU Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

9% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IT program at WWU awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 91% of these degrees went to men with the other 9% going to women.

WWU Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 64% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in IT at WWU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Western Washington University with a bachelor's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Western Washington University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

WWU also has a doctoral program available in IT. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WA, the home state for Western Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in WA Average Salary in WA
Computer User Support Specialists 18,630 $62,180
Computer and Information Systems Managers 13,690 $159,290
Computer Workers 13,100 $91,620
Managers 11,280 $125,490
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 8,920 $92,750

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.