Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Accounting at West Chester University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Accounting at West Chester University of Pennsylvania

If you are interested in studying accounting, you may want to check out the program at West Chester University of Pennsylvania. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

WCUPA is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania and approximately 17,719 students attend the school each year. Of the 3,694 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from West Chester University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 139 of them were accounting majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Accounting section at the bottom of this page.

WCUPA Accounting Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting

WCUPA Accounting Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks accounting programs across the country. The following shows how WCUPA performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The accounting major at WCUPA is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Accounting. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Schools 80
Most Popular Accounting Schools 168
Most Focused Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Schools 345

How Much Do Accounting Graduates from WCUPA Make?

The median salary of accounting students who receive their bachelor's degree at WCUPA is $56,184. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 21% higher than the national average of $46,292 for all accounting bachelor's degree recipients.


Accounting Student Demographics at WCUPA

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the accounting majors at West Chester University of Pennsylvania.

WCUPA Accounting Bachelor’s Program

46% Women
24% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The accounting program at WCUPA awarded 139 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 54% of these degrees went to men with the other 46% going to women. The typical accounting bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% men. So male students are more repesented at WCUPA since its program graduates 12% more men than average.


About 75% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in accounting at WCUPA are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from West Chester University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in accounting.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 13
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 104
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

WCUPA also has a doctoral program available in accounting. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Accounting Grads May Go Into

A degree in accounting can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for West Chester University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks 55,360 $40,660
Accountants and Auditors 51,720 $75,250
Financial Managers 17,730 $156,730
Financial Analysts 11,980 $93,870
Business Professors 5,490 $91,520


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.