Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Washington University in St Louis

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Washington University in St Louis

Every information technology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the IT program at Washington University in St Louis stacks up to those at other schools.

WUSTL is located in Saint Louis, Missouri and has a total student population of 15,852.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

WUSTL Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IT

WUSTL Information Technology Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

IT Student Demographics at WUSTL

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Washington University in St Louis.

WUSTL Information Technology Master’s Program

39% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IT program at WUSTL awarded 41 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 61% of these degrees went to men with the other 39% going to women.

WUSTL Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Washington University in St Louis with a master's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Washington University in St Louis
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 15
International Students 16
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MO, the home state for Washington University in St Louis.

Occupation Jobs in MO Average Salary in MO
Computer User Support Specialists 13,140 $47,600
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 7,620 $82,160
Computer Workers 7,010 $82,610
Computer Network Support Specialists 5,720 $55,910
Computer and Information Systems Managers 5,410 $130,610

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.