Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Engineering at University of Virginia - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

General Engineering at University of Virginia - Main Campus

If you are interested in studying general engineering, you may want to check out the program at University of Virginia - Main Campus. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

University of Virginia is located in Charlottesville, Virginia and has a total student population of 25,012. In 2019, 20 engineering majors received their bachelor's degree from University of Virginia.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

University of Virginia General Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering

Online Classes Are Available at University of Virginia

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? University of Virginia offers distance education options for engineering at the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

University of Virginia General Engineering Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the engineering progam at University of Virginia compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The engineering major at University of Virginia is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 97
Most Popular General Engineering Schools 179

Earnings of University of Virginia Engineering Graduates

The median salary of engineering students who receive their bachelor's degree at University of Virginia is $52,400. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $59,300 for all engineering students.

undefined

Engineering Student Demographics at University of Virginia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at University of Virginia - Main Campus.

University of Virginia General Engineering Bachelor’s Program

30% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 20 students earned a bachelor's degree in engineering from University of Virginia. About 30% of these graduates were women and the other 70% were men. The typical engineering bachelor's degree program is made up of only 20% women. So female students are more repesented at University of Virginia since its program graduates 10% more women than average.

University of Virginia Gender Breakdown of General Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 70% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in engineering at University of Virginia are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Virginia - Main Campus with a bachelor's in engineering.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Engineering Majors at University of Virginia - Main Campus
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 14
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

University of Virginia also has a doctoral program available in engineering. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Engineering Grads May Go Into

A degree in engineering can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for University of Virginia - Main Campus.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Engineers 4,190 $118,390
Architectural and Engineering Managers 4,030 $164,300

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.