Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Software & Applications at University of Virginia - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Computer Software & Applications at University of Virginia - Main Campus

If you are interested in studying computer software and applications, you may want to check out the program at University of Virginia - Main Campus. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

University of Virginia is located in Charlottesville, Virginia and has a total student population of 25,012.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Software & Applications section at the bottom of this page.

University of Virginia Computer Software & Applications Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Computer Software

Online Classes Are Available at University of Virginia

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? University of Virginia offers distance education options for computer software at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

University of Virginia Computer Software & Applications Rankings

Computer Software Student Demographics at University of Virginia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer software majors at University of Virginia - Main Campus.

University of Virginia Computer Software & Applications Master’s Program

33% Women
9% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 57 students earned a master's degree in computer software from University of Virginia. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men.

University of Virginia Gender Breakdown of Computer Software & Applications Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Virginia - Main Campus with a master's in computer software.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Software & Applications Majors at University of Virginia - Main Campus
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 17
International Students 35
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Computer Software Grads May Go Into

A degree in computer software can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for University of Virginia - Main Campus.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Software Applications Developers 38,110 $113,690
Computer Programmers 7,110 $94,470
Database Administrators 5,510 $98,090
Graphic Designers 5,000 $60,540
Web Developers 3,840 $88,850

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.