Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at University of Richmond

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at University of Richmond

If you are interested in studying information technology, you may want to check out the program at University of Richmond. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

URichmond is located in University of Richmond, Virginia and has a total student population of 4,002. In 2019, 7 IT majors received their bachelor's degree from URichmond.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

URichmond Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in IT (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT

URichmond Information Technology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IT progam at URichmond compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IT major at URichmond is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Information Technology Schools 24
Most Focused Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 132
Most Popular Information Technology Schools 530

IT Student Demographics at URichmond

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at University of Richmond.

URichmond Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

29% Women
43% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IT program at URichmond awarded 7 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 71% of these degrees went to men with the other 29% going to women. The typical IT bachelor's degree program is made up of only 20% women. So female students are more repesented at URichmond since its program graduates 8% more women than average.

URichmond Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 8% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IT bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Richmond with a bachelor's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at University of Richmond
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 2
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

URichmond also has a doctoral program available in IT. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for University of Richmond.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Computer User Support Specialists 19,880 $58,290
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 18,520 $93,860
Managers 17,280 $134,500
Computer Workers 14,580 $105,270
Information Security Analysts 14,180 $111,780

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.