Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Health at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

Find Schools Near

Public Health at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

What traits are you looking for in a public health school? To help you decide if University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's public health program.

Pitt is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and approximately 32,277 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Health section at the bottom of this page.

Pitt Public Health Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in Public Health (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Master’s Degree in Public Health
  • Doctorate Degree in Public Health

Pitt Public Health Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

There were 7 students who received their doctoral degrees in public health, making the school the #38 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Public Health Student Demographics at Pitt

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public health majors at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Pitt Public Health Master’s Program

81% Women
26% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public health program at Pitt awarded 31 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 19% of these degrees went to men with the other 81% going to women.


Of the students who received a public health master's degree from Pitt, 65% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus with a master's in public health.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 20
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Public Health Grads May Go Into

A degree in public health can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Medical and Health Services Managers 16,410 $97,310
Health Specialties Professors 12,420 $95,160
Occupational Health and Safety Specialists 4,370 $70,330
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 2,050 $74,430
Community Health Workers 2,000 $41,550


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.