Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology at University of Pennsylvania

What traits are you looking for in a clinical psychology school? To help you decide if University of Pennsylvania is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's clinical psychology program.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 26,552.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in Clinical Psychology (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology

Online Classes Are Available at UPenn

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

UPenn does offer online education options in clinical psychology for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

UPenn Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Clinical Psychology Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the clinical psychology majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Master’s Program

82% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The clinical psychology program at UPenn awarded 84 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 18% of these degrees went to men with the other 82% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in clinical psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 27
International Students 28
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Careers That Clinical Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in clinical psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 4,440 $83,610
Psychology Professors 2,130 $89,300
Psychologists 460 $87,940


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.