Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Health at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Public Health at University of Pennsylvania

If you plan to study public health, take a look at what University of Pennsylvania has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Health section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Public Health Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Health

UPenn Public Health Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Public Health Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public health majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Public Health Master’s Program

87% Women
44% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 55 students earned a master's degree in public health from UPenn. About 87% of these graduates were women and the other 13% were men.


Of the students who received a public health master's degree from UPenn, 53% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in public health.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 29
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Careers That Public Health Grads May Go Into

A degree in public health can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Medical and Health Services Managers 16,410 $97,310
Health Specialties Professors 12,420 $95,160
Occupational Health and Safety Specialists 4,370 $70,330
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 2,050 $74,430
Community Health Workers 2,000 $41,550


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.