Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Electrical Engineering at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Electrical Engineering at University of Pennsylvania

What traits are you looking for in a EE school? To help you decide if University of Pennsylvania is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's EE program.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 26 EE majors received their bachelor's degree from UPenn.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Electrical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Electrical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in EE
  • Master’s Degree in EE
  • Doctorate Degree in EE

UPenn Electrical Engineering Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the EE progam at UPenn compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The EE major at UPenn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Electrical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Electrical Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 31
Most Focused Electrical Engineering Doctor’s Degree Schools 74
Best Value Electrical Engineering Schools 155

In 2021, 75 students received their master’s degree in EE from UPenn. This makes it the #31 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 15 students who received their doctoral degrees in EE, making the school the #45 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

EE Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

31% Women
54% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 26 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in EE from UPenn. About 69% were men and 31% were women. The typical EE bachelor's degree program is made up of only 18% women. So female students are more repesented at UPenn since its program graduates 13% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 25% more racial-ethnic minorities in its EE bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 6
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UPenn Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

19% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 75 students earned a master's degree in EE from UPenn. About 19% of these graduates were women and the other 81% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 6
International Students 61
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UPenn also has a doctoral program available in EE. In 2021, 15 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That EE Grads May Go Into

A degree in EE can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Electrical Engineers 8,870 $94,870
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,220 $150,400
Engineers 4,850 $96,550
Electronics Engineers 3,760 $98,130
Engineering Professors 2,950 $114,870


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.