Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at University of Houston

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at University of Houston

Every information technology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the IT program at University of Houston stacks up to those at other schools.

UH is located in Houston, Texas and has a total student population of 46,148.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

UH Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IT

UH Information Technology Rankings

IT Student Demographics at UH

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at University of Houston.

UH Information Technology Master’s Program

31% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 48 students earned a master's degree in IT from UH. About 31% of these graduates were women and the other 69% were men.

UH Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

In the IT master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 38% of degree recipients. That is 3% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Houston with a master's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at University of Houston
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 10
International Students 19
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for University of Houston.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Computer User Support Specialists 60,380 $52,250
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 35,100 $89,500
Computer Workers 25,620 $90,290
Computer and Information Systems Managers 22,350 $154,650
Managers 20,710 $122,130

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.