Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dance at University of Florida

Find Schools Near

Dance at University of Florida

What traits are you looking for in a dance school? To help you decide if University of Florida is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's dance program.

UF is located in Gainesville, Florida and approximately 52,407 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 22 dance majors received their bachelor's degree from UF.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Dance section at the bottom of this page.

UF Dance Degrees Available

  • Undergrad Certificate in Dance (1 - 4 Years)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Dance

UF Dance Rankings

The dance major at UF is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Dance. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Dance Graduates from UF Make?

The median salary of dance students who receive their bachelor's degree at UF is $19,700. This is about the same as the yearly salary of alldance bachelor's degree recipients across the nation.

undefined

Dance Student Demographics at UF

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the dance majors at University of Florida.

UF Dance Bachelor’s Program

77% Women
64% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The dance program at UF awarded 22 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. The typical dance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% men. So male students are more repesented at UF since its program graduates 10% more men than average.

UF Gender Breakdown of Dance Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 29% more racial-ethnic minorities in its dance bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a bachelor's in dance.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Dance Majors at University of Florida
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 7
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UF also has a doctoral program available in dance. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Dance Grads May Go Into

A degree in dance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for FL, the home state for University of Florida.

Occupation Jobs in FL Average Salary in FL
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 3,520 $72,670
Choreographers 160 $48,150

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.