Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Materials Sciences at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

Materials Sciences at University of Delaware

Every materials sciences school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the materials science program at University of Delaware stacks up to those at other schools.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and has a total student population of 23,613.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Materials Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

UD Materials Sciences Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Materials Science
  • Doctorate Degree in Materials Science

UD Materials Sciences Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

In 2021, 5 students received their master’s degree in materials science from UD. This makes it the #15 most popular school for materials science master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 12 students who received their doctoral degrees in materials science, making the school the #4 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Materials Science Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the materials science majors at University of Delaware.

UD Materials Sciences Master’s Program

60% Women
The materials science program at UD awarded 5 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 40% of these degrees went to men with the other 60% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a master's in materials science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UD also has a doctoral program available in materials science. In 2021, 12 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Materials Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in materials science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Chemists 1,420 $105,570
Architectural and Engineering Managers 370 $157,490
Engineering Professors 230 $78,470
Chemistry Professors 80 $90,430


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.