Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at University of Delaware

Every atmospheric sciences and meteorology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the meteorology program at University of Delaware stacks up to those at other schools.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and has a total student population of 23,613. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 6 students received a bachelor's degree in meteorology from UD.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology section at the bottom of this page.

UD Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology
  • Doctorate Degree in Meteorology

UD Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks meteorology programs across the country. The following shows how UD performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The meteorology major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Atmospheric Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 11

Meteorology Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the meteorology majors at University of Delaware.

UD Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Bachelor’s Program

17% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 6 students earned a bachelor's degree in meteorology from UD. About 17% of these graduates were women and the other 83% were men.


About 83% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in meteorology at UD are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in meteorology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UD also has a doctoral program available in meteorology. In 2021, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Meteorology Grads May Go Into

A degree in meteorology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.