Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Radio, Television & Digital Communication at University of California - Santa Barbara

Find Schools Near

Radio, Television & Digital Communication at University of California - Santa Barbara

Every radio, television and digital communication school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the digital communication program at University of California - Santa Barbara stacks up to those at other schools.

UCSB is located in Santa Barbara, California and has a total student population of 25,057.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Radio, Television & Digital Communication section at the bottom of this page.

UCSB Radio, Television & Digital Communication Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Digital Communication
  • Doctorate Degree in Digital Communication

UCSB Radio, Television & Digital Communication Rankings

There were 3 students who received their doctoral degrees in digital communication, making the school the #4 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Digital Communication Student Demographics at UCSB

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the digital communication majors at University of California - Santa Barbara.

UCSB Radio, Television & Digital Communication Master’s Program

20% Women
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 5 students earned a master's degree in digital communication from UCSB. About 20% of these graduates were women and the other 80% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 36% men graduate in digital communication each year. UCSB does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 44% more men than average.

UCSB Gender Breakdown of Radio, Television & Digital Communication Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara with a master's in digital communication.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Radio, Television & Digital Communication Majors at University of California - Santa Barbara
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Digital Communication Grads May Go Into

A degree in digital communication can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of California - Santa Barbara.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Managers 66,300 $143,350
Producers and Directors 25,320 $115,080
Film and Video Editors 11,380 $112,530
Media and Communication Workers 7,540 $55,580
Radio and Television Announcers 2,780 $78,840

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.