Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at The University of Texas at San Antonio

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at The University of Texas at San Antonio

If you plan to study information technology, take a look at what The University of Texas at San Antonio has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UTSA is located in San Antonio, Texas and has a total student population of 32,594. In 2019, 199 IT majors received their bachelor's degree from UTSA.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

UTSA Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT

Online Classes Are Available at UTSA

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? UTSA offers distance education options for IT at the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

UTSA Information Technology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IT progam at UTSA compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IT major at UTSA is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 6
Best Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 28

Earnings of UTSA IT Graduates

The median salary of IT students who receive their bachelor's degree at UTSA is $53,500. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 16% higher than the national average of $46,100 for all IT bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

IT Student Demographics at UTSA

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at The University of Texas at San Antonio.

UTSA Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

25% Women
64% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 199 students earned a bachelor's degree in IT from UTSA. About 25% of these graduates were women and the other 75% were men. The typical IT bachelor's degree program is made up of only 20% women. So female students are more repesented at UTSA since its program graduates 5% more women than average.

UTSA Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 29% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IT bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio with a bachelor's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at The University of Texas at San Antonio
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 21
Black or African American 18
Hispanic or Latino 80
White 66
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 11

UTSA also has a doctoral program available in IT. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for The University of Texas at San Antonio.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Computer User Support Specialists 60,380 $52,250
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 35,100 $89,500
Computer Workers 25,620 $90,290
Computer and Information Systems Managers 22,350 $154,650
Managers 20,710 $122,130

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.