Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Urban Studies at The University of Texas at Austin

Find Schools Near

Urban Studies at The University of Texas at Austin

Every urban studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the urban studies program at The University of Texas at Austin stacks up to those at other schools.

UT Austin is located in Austin, Texas and approximately 50,476 students attend the school each year. In 2020, 20 urban studies majors received their bachelor's degree from UT Austin.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Urban Studies section at the bottom of this page.

UT Austin Urban Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Studies

UT Austin Urban Studies Rankings

The urban studies major at UT Austin is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Urban Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Urban Studies Graduates from UT Austin Make?

The median salary of urban studies students who receive their bachelor's degree at UT Austin is $48,041. This is 40% higher than $34,400, which is the national average for all urban studies bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Urban Studies Student Demographics at UT Austin

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the urban studies majors at The University of Texas at Austin.

UT Austin Urban Studies Bachelor’s Program

60% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 20 students earned a bachelor's degree in urban studies from UT Austin. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men.

undefined

About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in urban studies at UT Austin are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor's in urban studies.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 11
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UT Austin also has a doctoral program available in urban studies. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Urban Studies Grads May Go Into

A degree in urban studies can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for The University of Texas at Austin.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Managers 20,710 $122,130
Urban and Regional Planners 2,270 $69,070
Social Sciences Professors 980 $61,910

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.