Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Policy at The New School

Find Schools Near

Public Policy at The New School

What traits are you looking for in a public policy school? To help you decide if The New School is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's public policy program.

New School University is located in New York, New York and approximately 9,047 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Policy section at the bottom of this page.

New School University Public Policy Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Policy
  • Doctorate Degree in Public Policy

New School University Public Policy Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 7 students who received their doctoral degrees in public policy, making the school the #12 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Public Policy Student Demographics at New School University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public policy majors at The New School.

New School University Public Policy Master’s Program

71% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public policy program at New School University awarded 17 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 29% of these degrees went to men with the other 71% going to women.


Of the students who received a public policy master's degree from New School University, 53% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level. In the public policy master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 35% of degree recipients. That is 1% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The New School with a master's in public policy.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 9
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Public Policy Grads May Go Into

A degree in public policy can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The New School.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Medical and Health Services Managers 25,830 $143,030
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Legislators 6,220 $90,050
Education Professors 5,590 $88,580
Social Scientists 2,410 $84,940


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.