Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Zoology at Texas Tech University

Find Schools Near

Zoology at Texas Tech University

What traits are you looking for in a zoology school? To help you decide if Texas Tech University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's zoology program.

Texas Tech is located in Lubbock, Texas and approximately 40,322 students attend the school each year. Of the 6,884 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Texas Tech University in 2021, 4 of them were zoology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Zoology section at the bottom of this page.

Texas Tech Zoology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology

Texas Tech Zoology Rankings

The zoology major at Texas Tech is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Zoology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in zoology from Texas Tech. This is the #39 most popular school for zoology master’s degree candidates in the country.

Zoology Student Demographics at Texas Tech

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the zoology majors at Texas Tech University.

Texas Tech Zoology Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 4 students earned a bachelor's degree in zoology from Texas Tech. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.


About 75% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in zoology at Texas Tech are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 1% more racial-ethnic minorities in its zoology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas Tech University with a bachelor's in zoology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Texas Tech also has a doctoral program available in zoology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Zoology Grads May Go Into

A degree in zoology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Texas Tech University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Biological Science Professors 4,470 $99,940
Natural Sciences Managers 2,620 $127,270
Biological Scientists 2,100 $80,900
Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists 400 $66,150


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.