Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Microbiological Sciences & Immunology at Texas Tech University

Find Schools Near

Microbiological Sciences & Immunology at Texas Tech University

If you are interested in studying microbiological sciences and immunology, you may want to check out the program at Texas Tech University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Texas Tech is located in Lubbock, Texas and approximately 40,322 students attend the school each year. In 2020, 78 microbiology majors received their bachelor's degree from Texas Tech.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Microbiological Sciences & Immunology section at the bottom of this page.

Texas Tech Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology
  • Master’s Degree in Microbiology

Texas Tech Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Rankings

The microbiology major at Texas Tech is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Microbiological Sciences & Immunology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2020, 2 students received their master’s degree in microbiology from Texas Tech. This makes it the #50 most popular school for microbiology master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Texas Tech Microbiology Graduates

The median salary of microbiology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Texas Tech is $26,739. This is less than $33,200, which is the national average of all microbiology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

Microbiology Student Demographics at Texas Tech

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the microbiology majors at Texas Tech University.

Texas Tech Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Bachelor’s Program

56% Women
56% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 78 students earned a bachelor's degree in microbiology from Texas Tech. About 56% of these graduates were women and the other 44% were men. The typical microbiology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 40% men. So male students are more repesented at Texas Tech since its program graduates 4% more men than average.

undefined

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 17% more racial-ethnic minorities in its microbiology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas Tech University with a bachelor's in microbiology.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 23
White 32
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Texas Tech Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Master’s Program

100% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 4 students who earned a master's degree in Microbiological Sciences & Immunology from Texas Tech in 2019-2020, 0% were men and 100% were women.

undefined

In the microbiology master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 50% of degree recipients. That is 10% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas Tech University with a master's in microbiology.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 2
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Texas Tech also has a doctoral program available in microbiology. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Microbiology Grads May Go Into

A degree in microbiology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Texas Tech University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Medical Scientists 5,240 $72,260
Biological Science Professors 4,470 $99,940
Natural Sciences Managers 2,620 $127,270
Biological Scientists 2,100 $80,900
Microbiologists 1,000 $54,530

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.