Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Texas A&M University - College Station

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Texas A&M University - College Station

If you are interested in studying computer science, you may want to check out the program at Texas A&M University - College Station. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Texas A&M College Station is located in College Station, Texas and has a total student population of 68,726. In 2019, 228 compsci majors received their bachelor's degree from Texas A&M College Station.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Science section at the bottom of this page.

Texas A&M College Station Computer Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci
  • Doctorate Degree in CompSci

Texas A&M College Station Computer Science Rankings

The compsci major at Texas A&M College Station is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2019, 93 students received their master’s degree in compsci from Texas A&M College Station. This makes it the #30 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 9 students who received their doctoral degrees in compsci, making the school the #44 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

CompSci Student Demographics at Texas A&M College Station

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Texas A&M University - College Station.

Texas A&M College Station Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

15% Women
39% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 228 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Texas A&M College Station in 2018-2019, 85% were men and 15% were women.

Texas A&M College Station Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 53% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in compsci at Texas A&M College Station are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 6% more racial-ethnic minorities in its compsci bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas A&M University - College Station with a bachelor's in compsci.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Texas A&M University - College Station
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 35
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 39
White 121
International Students 18
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

Texas A&M College Station Computer Science Master’s Program

15% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The compsci program at Texas A&M College Station awarded 93 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 85% of these degrees went to men with the other 15% going to women.

Texas A&M College Station Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas A&M University - College Station with a master's in compsci.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Texas A&M University - College Station
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 10
International Students 71
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Texas A&M College Station also has a doctoral program available in compsci. In 2019, 9 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CompSci Grads May Go Into

A degree in compsci can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Texas A&M University - College Station.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Software Applications Developers 71,260 $108,760
Systems Software Developers 28,720 $110,740
Computer Workers 25,620 $90,290
Computer and Information Systems Managers 22,350 $154,650
Computer Programmers 20,960 $91,970

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.