Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology at Temple University

If you plan to study clinical, counseling and applied psychology, take a look at what Temple University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 37,236.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology
  • Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology

Online Classes Are Available at Temple

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

Temple does offer online education options in clinical psychology for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

Temple Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Rankings

There were 4 students who received their doctoral degrees in clinical psychology, making the school the #203 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Clinical Psychology Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the clinical psychology majors at Temple University.

Temple Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Master’s Program

75% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The clinical psychology program at Temple awarded 83 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 25% of these degrees went to men with the other 75% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 18% men graduate in clinical psychology each year. Temple does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 7% more men than average.


In the clinical psychology master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 41% of degree recipients. That is 4% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in clinical psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 17
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 38
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 8

Careers That Clinical Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in clinical psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 4,440 $83,610
Psychology Professors 2,130 $89,300
Psychologists 460 $87,940


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.