Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Electrical Engineering at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Electrical Engineering at Temple University

Every electrical engineering school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the EE program at Temple University stacks up to those at other schools.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 37,236. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 68 students received a bachelor's degree in EE from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Electrical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Electrical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in EE
  • Master’s Degree in EE
  • Doctorate Degree in EE

Temple Electrical Engineering Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the EE progam at Temple compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The EE major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Electrical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 218
Most Focused Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 242

In 2021, 13 students received their master’s degree in EE from Temple. This makes it the #125 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 2 students who received their doctoral degrees in EE, making the school the #130 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do EE Graduates from Temple Make?

The median salary of EE students who receive their bachelor's degree at Temple is $64,953. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $69,521 for all EE students.


EE Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at Temple University.

Temple Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

25% Women
43% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 68 students who graduated with a bachelor’s in EE from Temple in 2021, 75% were men and 25% were women. The typical EE bachelor's degree program is made up of only 18% women. So female students are more repesented at Temple since its program graduates 7% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 13% more racial-ethnic minorities in its EE bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 30
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Temple Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

23% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The EE program at Temple awarded 13 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 77% of these degrees went to men with the other 23% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Temple also has a doctoral program available in EE. In 2021, 2 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That EE Grads May Go Into

A degree in EE can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Electrical Engineers 8,870 $94,870
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,220 $150,400
Engineers 4,850 $96,550
Electronics Engineers 3,760 $98,130
Engineering Professors 2,950 $114,870


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.