Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Electrical Engineering at Syracuse University

Find Schools Near

Electrical Engineering at Syracuse University

If you are interested in studying electrical engineering, you may want to check out the program at Syracuse University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Syracuse is located in Syracuse, New York and has a total student population of 21,322. In 2021, 18 EE majors received their bachelor's degree from Syracuse.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Electrical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

Syracuse Electrical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in EE
  • Master’s Degree in EE
  • Doctorate Degree in EE

Syracuse Electrical Engineering Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks EE programs across the country. The following shows how Syracuse performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The EE major at Syracuse is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Electrical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Electrical Engineering Graduate Certificate Schools 28
Best Electrical Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 90
Best Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 125

In 2021, 32 students received their master’s degree in EE from Syracuse. This makes it the #71 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 11 students who received their doctoral degrees in EE, making the school the #60 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of Syracuse EE Graduates

The median salary of EE students who receive their bachelor's degree at Syracuse is $69,301. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $69,521 for all EE students.


EE Student Demographics at Syracuse

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at Syracuse University.

Syracuse Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

11% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 18 students earned a bachelor's degree in EE from Syracuse. About 11% of these graduates were women and the other 89% were men.


About 61% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in EE at Syracuse are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Syracuse Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

31% Women
6% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 32 students who graduated with a master’s in EE from Syracuse in 2021, 69% were men and 31% were women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a master's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 26
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Syracuse also has a doctoral program available in EE. In 2021, 11 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That EE Grads May Go Into

A degree in EE can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Syracuse University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Electrical Engineers 10,500 $103,740
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,330 $161,670
Engineers 4,910 $95,270
Electronics Engineers 3,630 $98,150
Engineering Professors 2,900 $127,010


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.