Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Systems Networking at Syracuse University

Find Schools Near

Computer Systems Networking at Syracuse University

Every computer systems networking school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the networking program at Syracuse University stacks up to those at other schools.

Syracuse is located in Syracuse, New York and has a total student population of 22,850.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Systems Networking section at the bottom of this page.

Syracuse Computer Systems Networking Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Networking

Online Classes Are Available at Syracuse

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

Syracuse does offer online education options in networking for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Master’s Degree

Syracuse Computer Systems Networking Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Networking Student Demographics at Syracuse

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the networking majors at Syracuse University.

Syracuse Computer Systems Networking Master’s Program

36% Women
18% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The networking program at Syracuse awarded 11 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 64% of these degrees went to men with the other 36% going to women.

Syracuse Gender Breakdown of Computer Systems Networking Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a master's in networking.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Systems Networking Majors at Syracuse University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Networking Grads May Go Into

A degree in networking can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Syracuse University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Computer Systems Analysts 44,030 $106,320
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200
Computer Network Architects 8,660 $113,300
Information Security Analysts 6,930 $122,000

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.