Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Susquehanna University

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Susquehanna University

If you plan to study general biology, take a look at what Susquehanna University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Susquehanna is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania and approximately 2,315 students attend the school each year. Of the 597 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Susquehanna University in 2019, 42 of them were general biology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Susquehanna General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Susquehanna General Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biology progam at Susquehanna compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at Susquehanna is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 176
Most Focused General Biology Schools 222
Best General Biology Schools 301
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 302
Best Value General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 596

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Susquehanna Make?

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Susquehanna is $24,500. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $27,600 for all biology students.

undefined

Biology Student Demographics at Susquehanna

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Susquehanna University.

Susquehanna General Biology Bachelor’s Program

57% Women
24% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The biology program at Susquehanna awarded 42 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 43% of these degrees went to men with the other 57% going to women. The typical biology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 35% men. So male students are more repesented at Susquehanna since its program graduates 8% more men than average.

Susquehanna Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 74% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biology at Susquehanna are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Susquehanna University with a bachelor's in biology.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Susquehanna University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 31
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Susquehanna also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Susquehanna University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.