Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Susquehanna University

Find Schools Near

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Susquehanna University

If you plan to study biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology, take a look at what Susquehanna University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Susquehanna is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 2,315. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 7 students received a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from Susquehanna.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Susquehanna Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry

Susquehanna Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks biochemistry programs across the country. The following shows how Susquehanna performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biochemistry major at Susquehanna is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 297

Biochemistry Student Demographics at Susquehanna

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biochemistry majors at Susquehanna University.

Susquehanna Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor’s Program

71% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 7 students earned a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from Susquehanna. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.

Susquehanna Gender Breakdown of Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 71% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biochemistry at Susquehanna are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Susquehanna University with a bachelor's in biochemistry.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Majors at Susquehanna University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Susquehanna also has a doctoral program available in biochemistry. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biochemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in biochemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Susquehanna University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biochemists and Biophysicists 1,100 $94,860
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.