Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Political Science & Government at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Political Science & Government at SUNY Oneonta

What traits are you looking for in a political science school? To help you decide if SUNY Oneonta is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's political science program.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and has a total student population of 6,528. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 29 students received a bachelor's degree in political science from SUNY Oneonta.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Political Science & Government section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Political Science & Government Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science

SUNY Oneonta Political Science & Government Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the political science progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The political science major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Political Science & Government. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 136
Best Political Science & Government Schools 137
Most Popular Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 361
Most Focused Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 400

Political Science Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

59% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 29 students earned a bachelor's degree in political science from SUNY Oneonta. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men.

SUNY Oneonta Gender Breakdown of Political Science & Government Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 86% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in political science at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in political science.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Political Science & Government Majors at SUNY Oneonta
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 25
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in political science. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Political Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in political science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Political Science Professors 1,680 $125,360
Economics Professors 1,650 $129,370
Economists 750 $127,520
Political Scientists 90 $122,440

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.