Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Geography & Cartography at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Geography & Cartography at SUNY Oneonta

What traits are you looking for in a geography school? To help you decide if SUNY Oneonta is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's geography program.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and has a total student population of 6,528. In 2019, 16 geography majors received their bachelor's degree from SUNY Oneonta.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Geography & Cartography section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Geography & Cartography Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Geography

SUNY Oneonta Geography & Cartography Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the geography progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The geography major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Geography & Cartography. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Degree Schools 21
Most Focused Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Degree Schools 36
Best Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Degree Schools 54

Geography Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the geography majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Program

31% Women
The geography program at SUNY Oneonta awarded 16 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 69% of these degrees went to men with the other 31% going to women.

SUNY Oneonta Gender Breakdown of Geography & Cartography Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 94% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in geography at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in geography.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Geography & Cartography Majors at SUNY Oneonta
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 15
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in geography. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Geography Grads May Go Into

A degree in geography can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Geography Professors 220 $90,390
Cartographers and Photogrammetrists 170 $78,780

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.