Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Natural Resources Conservation at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Natural Resources Conservation at SUNY Oneonta

What traits are you looking for in a conservation school? To help you decide if SUNY Oneonta is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's conservation program.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and approximately 6,718 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 25 conservation majors received their bachelor's degree from SUNY Oneonta.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Natural Resources Conservation section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Natural Resources Conservation Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation

SUNY Oneonta Natural Resources Conservation Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the conservation progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The conservation major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Natural Resources Conservation. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 36
Best Natural Resources Conservation Schools 109

Earnings of SUNY Oneonta Conservation Graduates

The median salary of conservation students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Oneonta is $36,167. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 14% higher than the national average of $31,602 for all conservation bachelor's degree recipients.


Conservation Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the conservation majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Program

48% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The conservation program at SUNY Oneonta awarded 25 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 52% of these degrees went to men with the other 48% going to women. The typical conservation bachelor's degree program is made up of only 40% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Oneonta since its program graduates 12% more men than average.


About 80% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in conservation at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in conservation.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 20
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in conservation. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Conservation Grads May Go Into

A degree in conservation can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 4,400 $79,340
Environmental Science Professors 820 $90,160
Foresters 250 $65,620
Forestry & Conservation Science Professors 160 $81,450


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.