Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Accounting at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Accounting at SUNY Oneonta

Every accounting school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the accounting program at SUNY Oneonta stacks up to those at other schools.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and has a total student population of 6,528. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 21 students received a bachelor's degree in accounting from SUNY Oneonta.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Accounting section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Accounting Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting

SUNY Oneonta Accounting Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the accounting progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The accounting major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Accounting. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Accounting Schools 326
Most Popular Accounting Schools 989

How Much Do Accounting Graduates from SUNY Oneonta Make?

The median salary of accounting students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Oneonta is $54,400. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 24% higher than the national average of $43,900 for all accounting bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Accounting Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the accounting majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Accounting Bachelor’s Program

33% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The accounting program at SUNY Oneonta awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 67% of these degrees went to men with the other 33% going to women. The typical accounting bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Oneonta since its program graduates 25% more men than average.

SUNY Oneonta Gender Breakdown of Accounting Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 81% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in accounting at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in accounting.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Accounting Majors at SUNY Oneonta
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 17
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in accounting. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Accounting Grads May Go Into

A degree in accounting can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Accountants and Auditors 110,780 $96,300
Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks 104,580 $45,590
Financial Analysts 53,250 $137,270
Financial Managers 42,460 $210,510
Financial Examiners 9,030 $115,980

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.