Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Criminology at SUNY Old Westbury

Find Schools Near

Criminology at SUNY Old Westbury

What traits are you looking for in a criminology school? To help you decide if SUNY Old Westbury is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's criminology program.

SUNY Old Westbury is located in Old Westbury, New York and approximately 5,007 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 54 students received a bachelor's degree in criminology from SUNY Old Westbury.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Criminology section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Old Westbury Criminology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology

SUNY Old Westbury Criminology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the criminology progam at SUNY Old Westbury compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The criminology major at SUNY Old Westbury is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Criminology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Criminology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 29
Best Criminology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 65
Best Criminology Schools 66

Earnings of SUNY Old Westbury Criminology Graduates

The median salary of criminology students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Old Westbury is $37,745. This is 13% higher than $33,551, which is the national average for all criminology bachelor's degree recipients.


Criminology Student Demographics at SUNY Old Westbury

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the criminology majors at SUNY Old Westbury.

SUNY Old Westbury Criminology Bachelor’s Program

61% Women
72% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 54 students earned a bachelor's degree in criminology from SUNY Old Westbury. About 61% of these graduates were women and the other 39% were men. The typical criminology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 37% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Old Westbury since its program graduates 2% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 28% more racial-ethnic minorities in its criminology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Old Westbury with a bachelor's in criminology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 23
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 14
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

SUNY Old Westbury also has a doctoral program available in criminology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Criminology Grads May Go Into

A degree in criminology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Old Westbury.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Sociologists 190 $75,800


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.