Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Health at SUNY Old Westbury

Find Schools Near

Public Health at SUNY Old Westbury

If you are interested in studying public health, you may want to check out the program at SUNY Old Westbury. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SUNY Old Westbury is located in Old Westbury, New York and has a total student population of 5,007. Of the 1,108 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Old Westbury in 2021, 68 of them were public health majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Health section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Old Westbury Public Health Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health

SUNY Old Westbury Public Health Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks public health programs across the country. The following shows how SUNY Old Westbury performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The public health major at SUNY Old Westbury is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Public Health. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Public Health Bachelor’s Degree Schools 76

Public Health Student Demographics at SUNY Old Westbury

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public health majors at SUNY Old Westbury.

SUNY Old Westbury Public Health Bachelor’s Program

74% Women
90% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public health program at SUNY Old Westbury awarded 68 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 26% of these degrees went to men with the other 74% going to women. The typical public health bachelor's degree program is made up of only 21% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Old Westbury since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 42% more racial-ethnic minorities in its public health bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Old Westbury with a bachelor's in public health.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 35
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 5
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

SUNY Old Westbury also has a doctoral program available in public health. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Public Health Grads May Go Into

A degree in public health can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Old Westbury.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Medical and Health Services Managers 25,830 $143,030
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Community Health Workers 6,590 $44,340
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 4,400 $79,340
Occupational Health and Safety Specialists 3,780 $76,020


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.