Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Criminology at SUNY Cortland

Find Schools Near

Criminology at SUNY Cortland

If you are interested in studying criminology, you may want to check out the program at SUNY Cortland. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SUNY Cortland is located in Cortland, New York and approximately 6,832 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 81 students received a bachelor's degree in criminology from SUNY Cortland.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Criminology section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Cortland Criminology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology

SUNY Cortland Criminology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the criminology progam at SUNY Cortland compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The criminology major at SUNY Cortland is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Criminology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Criminology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 33
Best Value Criminology Schools 33
Most Focused Criminology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 35

How Much Do Criminology Graduates from SUNY Cortland Make?

The median salary of criminology students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Cortland is $31,567. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $33,551 for all criminology students.


Criminology Student Demographics at SUNY Cortland

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the criminology majors at SUNY Cortland.

SUNY Cortland Criminology Bachelor’s Program

43% Women
28% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 81 students earned a bachelor's degree in criminology from SUNY Cortland. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men. The typical criminology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 37% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Cortland since its program graduates 20% more men than average.


About 70% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in criminology at SUNY Cortland are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Cortland with a bachelor's in criminology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 57
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

SUNY Cortland also has a doctoral program available in criminology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Criminology Grads May Go Into

A degree in criminology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Cortland.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Sociologists 190 $75,800


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.