Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Geological & Earth Sciences at Buffalo State

Find Schools Near

Geological & Earth Sciences at Buffalo State

If you plan to study geological and earth sciences, take a look at what Buffalo State has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Buffalo State is located in Buffalo, New York and has a total student population of 8,339. Of the 1,564 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Buffalo State in 2021, 9 of them were geological and earth sciences majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Geological & Earth Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Buffalo State Geological & Earth Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Geology

Buffalo State Geological & Earth Sciences Rankings

The geology major at Buffalo State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Geological & Earth Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Geology Graduates from Buffalo State Make?

The median salary of geology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Buffalo State is $32,017. This is less than $36,478, which is the national average of all geology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Geology Student Demographics at Buffalo State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the geology majors at Buffalo State.

Buffalo State Geological & Earth Sciences Bachelor’s Program

22% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The geology program at Buffalo State awarded 9 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 78% of these degrees went to men with the other 22% going to women.


About 89% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in geology at Buffalo State are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Buffalo State with a bachelor's in geology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Buffalo State also has a doctoral program available in geology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Geology Grads May Go Into

A degree in geology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Buffalo State.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Chemistry Professors 2,270 $102,260
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Professors 880 $108,020
Geoscientists 700 $76,360
Hydrologists 170 $75,560


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.