Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Accounting at Binghamton University

Find Schools Near

Accounting at Binghamton University

If you are interested in studying accounting, you may want to check out the program at Binghamton University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Binghamton University is located in Vestal, New York and approximately 18,148 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 173 accounting majors received their bachelor's degree from Binghamton University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Accounting section at the bottom of this page.

Binghamton University Accounting Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
  • Master’s Degree in Accounting

Binghamton University Accounting Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the accounting progam at Binghamton University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The accounting major at Binghamton University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Accounting. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Accounting Master’s Degree Schools 43
Most Focused Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Schools 285

In 2021, 88 students received their master’s degree in accounting from Binghamton University. This makes it the #44 most popular school for accounting master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Binghamton University Accounting Graduates

The median salary of accounting students who receive their bachelor's degree at Binghamton University is $63,784. This is 38% higher than $46,292, which is the national average for all accounting bachelor's degree recipients.


Accounting Student Demographics at Binghamton University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the accounting majors at Binghamton University.

Binghamton University Accounting Bachelor’s Program

41% Women
34% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The accounting program at Binghamton University awarded 173 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 59% of these degrees went to men with the other 41% going to women. The typical accounting bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% men. So male students are more repesented at Binghamton University since its program graduates 17% more men than average.


About 56% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in accounting at Binghamton University are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Binghamton University with a bachelor's in accounting.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 39
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 97
International Students 17
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

Binghamton University Accounting Master’s Program

48% Women
36% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 88 students earned a master's degree in accounting from Binghamton University. About 48% of these graduates were women and the other 52% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 42% men graduate in accounting each year. Binghamton University does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 11% more men than average.


Of the students who received a accounting master's degree from Binghamton University, 53% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Binghamton University with a master's in accounting.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 24
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 47
International Students 9
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Binghamton University also has a doctoral program available in accounting. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Accounting Grads May Go Into

A degree in accounting can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Binghamton University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Accountants and Auditors 110,780 $96,300
Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks 104,580 $45,590
Financial Analysts 53,250 $137,270
Financial Managers 42,460 $210,510
Financial Examiners 9,030 $115,980


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.