Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Urban Studies at University at Albany

Find Schools Near

Urban Studies at University at Albany

Every urban studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the urban studies program at University at Albany stacks up to those at other schools.

UAlbany is located in Albany, New York and approximately 17,688 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 11 students received a bachelor's degree in urban studies from UAlbany.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Urban Studies section at the bottom of this page.

UAlbany Urban Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Studies

UAlbany Urban Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the urban studies progam at UAlbany compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The urban studies major at UAlbany is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Urban Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Urban Studies Schools 73

Urban Studies Student Demographics at UAlbany

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the urban studies majors at University at Albany.

UAlbany Urban Studies Bachelor’s Program

27% Women
45% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The urban studies program at UAlbany awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 73% of these degrees went to men with the other 27% going to women. The typical urban studies bachelor's degree program is made up of only 45% men. So male students are more repesented at UAlbany since its program graduates 27% more men than average.


About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in urban studies at UAlbany are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a bachelor's in urban studies.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 6
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UAlbany also has a doctoral program available in urban studies. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Urban Studies Grads May Go Into

A degree in urban studies can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University at Albany.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Social Sciences Professors 2,570 $101,250
Urban and Regional Planners 1,410 $76,730
Sociologists 190 $75,800


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.