Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Media Studies at Stonehill College

Find Schools Near

Communication & Media Studies at Stonehill College

Every communication and media studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the communications program at Stonehill College stacks up to those at other schools.

Stonehill is located in Easton, Massachusetts and approximately 2,500 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 44 students received a bachelor's degree in communications from Stonehill.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Communication & Media Studies section at the bottom of this page.

Stonehill Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications

Stonehill Communication & Media Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the communications progam at Stonehill compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The communications major at Stonehill is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Communication & Media Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 48
Best Communication & Media Studies Schools 53
Best Value Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 327
Best Value Communication & Media Studies Schools 356

How Much Do Communications Graduates from Stonehill Make?

The median salary of communications students who receive their bachelor's degree at Stonehill is $36,500. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 15% higher than the national average of $31,700 for all communications bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Communications Student Demographics at Stonehill

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at Stonehill College.

Stonehill Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

59% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 44 students earned a bachelor's degree in communications from Stonehill. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men. The typical communications bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% men. So male students are more repesented at Stonehill since its program graduates 5% more men than average.

Stonehill Gender Breakdown of Communication & Media Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 89% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in communications at Stonehill are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Stonehill College with a bachelor's in communications.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Media Studies Majors at Stonehill College
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 39
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Stonehill also has a doctoral program available in communications. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Communications Grads May Go Into

A degree in communications can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MA, the home state for Stonehill College.

Occupation Jobs in MA Average Salary in MA
Public Relations Specialists 7,040 $68,610
Editors 3,160 $89,280
Writers and Authors 1,490 $70,000
Reporters and Correspondents 1,050 $53,140
Communications Professors 530 $79,930

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.