Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Geography & Cartography at SUNY New Paltz

Find Schools Near

Geography & Cartography at SUNY New Paltz

What traits are you looking for in a geography school? To help you decide if SUNY New Paltz is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's geography program.

SUNY New Paltz is located in New Paltz, New York and has a total student population of 7,489. Of the 1,919 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY New Paltz in 2021, 22 of them were geography and cartography majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Geography & Cartography section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY New Paltz Geography & Cartography Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Geography

SUNY New Paltz Geography & Cartography Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the geography progam at SUNY New Paltz compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The geography major at SUNY New Paltz is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Geography & Cartography. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Degree Schools 33
Most Focused Geography & Cartography Schools 70
Best Value Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Degree Schools 86

Geography Student Demographics at SUNY New Paltz

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the geography majors at SUNY New Paltz.

SUNY New Paltz Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Program

36% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The geography program at SUNY New Paltz awarded 22 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 64% of these degrees went to men with the other 36% going to women.


About 77% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in geography at SUNY New Paltz are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY New Paltz with a bachelor's in geography.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 17
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

SUNY New Paltz also has a doctoral program available in geography. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Geography Grads May Go Into

A degree in geography can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY New Paltz.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Geography Professors 220 $90,390
Cartographers and Photogrammetrists 170 $78,780


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.