Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Criminology at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Criminology at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Every criminology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the criminology program at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

SRU is located in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania and approximately 8,860 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 67 students received a bachelor's degree in criminology from SRU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Criminology section at the bottom of this page.

SRU Criminology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology

SRU Criminology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the criminology progam at SRU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The criminology major at SRU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Criminology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Criminology Schools 48

Earnings of SRU Criminology Graduates

The median salary of criminology students who receive their bachelor's degree at SRU is $32,040. This is less than $33,551, which is the national average of all criminology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Criminology Student Demographics at SRU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the criminology majors at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

SRU Criminology Bachelor’s Program

48% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The criminology program at SRU awarded 67 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 52% of these degrees went to men with the other 48% going to women. The typical criminology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 37% men. So male students are more repesented at SRU since its program graduates 15% more men than average.


About 82% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in criminology at SRU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in criminology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 55
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

SRU also has a doctoral program available in criminology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Criminology Grads May Go Into

A degree in criminology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Sociologists 60 $121,470


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.