Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Philosophy at Salve Regina University

Find Schools Near

Philosophy at Salve Regina University

If you plan to study philosophy, take a look at what Salve Regina University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Salve Regina is located in Newport, Rhode Island and approximately 2,823 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 8 students received a bachelor's degree in philosophy from Salve Regina.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Philosophy section at the bottom of this page.

Salve Regina Philosophy Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy

Salve Regina Philosophy Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks philosophy programs across the country. The following shows how Salve Regina performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The philosophy major at Salve Regina is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Philosophy. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Philosophy 115
Highest Paid Philosophy Graduates 186
Most Popular Colleges for Philosophy 341

Philosophy Student Demographics at Salve Regina

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the philosophy majors at Salve Regina University.

Salve Regina Philosophy Bachelor’s Program

62% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The philosophy program at Salve Regina awarded 8 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 38% of these degrees went to men with the other 62% going to women. The typical philosophy bachelor's degree program is made up of only 38% women. So female students are more repesented at Salve Regina since its program graduates 24% more women than average.

Salve Regina Gender Breakdown of Philosophy Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 62% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in philosophy at Salve Regina are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Salve Regina University with a bachelor's in philosophy.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Philosophy Majors at Salve Regina University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Philosophy Grads May Go Into

A degree in philosophy can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for RI, the home state for Salve Regina University.

Occupation Jobs in RI Average Salary in RI
Mathematical Science Professors 240 $115,890
Philosophy and Religion Professors 130 $105,620
Natural Sciences Managers 70 $132,880
Mathematicians 70 $90,640

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.