Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition Services at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

Find Schools Near

Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition Services at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

If you are interested in studying dietetics and clinical nutrition services, you may want to check out the program at Rutgers University - New Brunswick. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Rutgers New Brunswick is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has a total student population of 50,411.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition Services section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers New Brunswick Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition Services Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Nutrition
  • Doctorate Degree in Nutrition

Rutgers New Brunswick Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition Services Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 4 students who received their doctoral degrees in nutrition, making the school the #3 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Nutrition Student Demographics at Rutgers New Brunswick

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nutrition majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Rutgers New Brunswick Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition Services Master’s Program

92% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The nutrition program at Rutgers New Brunswick awarded 38 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 8% of these degrees went to men with the other 92% going to women.


Of the students who received a nutrition master's degree from Rutgers New Brunswick, 58% were white. This is below average for this degree on the natiowide level. In the nutrition master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 32% of degree recipients. That is 3% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a master's in nutrition.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 22
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That Nutrition Grads May Go Into

A degree in nutrition can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Dietitians and Nutritionists 1,860 $68,810
Dietetic Technicians 440 $34,760


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.