Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Plant Sciences at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

Find Schools Near

Plant Sciences at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

If you plan to study plant sciences, take a look at what Rutgers University - New Brunswick has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Rutgers New Brunswick is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has a total student population of 50,411. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 13 students received a bachelor's degree in plant sciences from Rutgers New Brunswick.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Plant Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers New Brunswick Plant Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Plant Sciences

Rutgers New Brunswick Plant Sciences Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the plant sciences progam at Rutgers New Brunswick compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The plant sciences major at Rutgers New Brunswick is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Plant Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Plant Sciences Schools 36

Plant Sciences Student Demographics at Rutgers New Brunswick

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the plant sciences majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Rutgers New Brunswick Plant Sciences Bachelor’s Program

46% Women
31% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 13 students earned a bachelor's degree in plant sciences from Rutgers New Brunswick. About 46% of these graduates were women and the other 54% were men. The typical plant sciences bachelor's degree program is made up of only 44% women. So female students are more repesented at Rutgers New Brunswick since its program graduates 3% more women than average.


About 69% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in plant sciences at Rutgers New Brunswick are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 14% more racial-ethnic minorities in its plant sciences bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a bachelor's in plant sciences.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 9
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Rutgers New Brunswick also has a doctoral program available in plant sciences. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Plant Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in plant sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Conservation Scientists 310 $85,360
Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Worker Supervisors 230 $46,140
Soil and Plant Scientists 60 $71,730


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.