Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Writing Studies at Rutgers University - Camden

Find Schools Near

Writing Studies at Rutgers University - Camden

Every writing studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the writing program at Rutgers University - Camden stacks up to those at other schools.

Rutgers Camden is located in Camden, New Jersey and has a total student population of 7,076.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Writing Studies section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers Camden Writing Studies Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Writing

Rutgers Camden Writing Studies Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Writing Student Demographics at Rutgers Camden

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the writing majors at Rutgers University - Camden.

Rutgers Camden Writing Studies Master’s Program

58% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The writing program at Rutgers Camden awarded 19 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 42% of these degrees went to men with the other 58% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 31% men graduate in writing each year. Rutgers Camden does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 11% more men than average.


In the writing master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 32% of degree recipients. That is 2% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - Camden with a master's in writing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 9
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Writing Grads May Go Into

A degree in writing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - Camden.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Editors 3,130 $74,130
Professors 2,670 $73,660
English Language and Literature Professors 2,420 $86,360
Technical Writers 1,830 $84,280
Writers and Authors 1,050 $81,160


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.