Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Special Education at Notre Dame de Namur University

Find Schools Near

Special Education at Notre Dame de Namur University

Every special education school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the special ed program at Notre Dame de Namur University stacks up to those at other schools.

NDNU is located in Belmont, California and has a total student population of 585.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Special Education section at the bottom of this page.

NDNU Special Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Special Ed

NDNU Special Education Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Special Ed Student Demographics at NDNU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the special ed majors at Notre Dame de Namur University.

NDNU Special Education Master’s Program

70% Women
52% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 33 students earned a master's degree in special ed from NDNU. About 70% of these graduates were women and the other 30% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 13% men graduate in special ed each year. NDNU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 17% more men than average.


In the special ed master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 52% of degree recipients. That is 23% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Notre Dame de Namur University with a master's in special ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 11
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 10

Careers That Special Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in special ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for Notre Dame de Namur University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Kindergarten or Elementary School Special Education Teachers 15,230 $80,370
Special Education Professors 10,520 $82,380
Interpreters and Translators 9,310 $58,180
Middle School Special Education Teachers 4,710 $76,860
Special Education Teachers 2,950 $66,640


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.