Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Industrial Engineering at New York University

Find Schools Near

Industrial Engineering at New York University

If you plan to study industrial engineering, take a look at what New York University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Industrial Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Industrial Engineering Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IE

Online Classes Are Available at NYU

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

For those who are interested in distance learning, NYU does offer online courses in IE for the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

NYU Industrial Engineering Rankings

IE Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IE majors at New York University.

NYU Industrial Engineering Master’s Program

29% Women
7% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 42 students earned a master's degree in IE from NYU. About 29% of these graduates were women and the other 71% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in IE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
International Students 36
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That IE Grads May Go Into

A degree in IE can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Industrial Engineers 12,030 $94,700
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,330 $161,670
Industrial Production Managers 5,310 $132,480
Engineering Professors 2,900 $127,010


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.