Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at New York University

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at New York University

If you are interested in studying information technology, you may want to check out the program at New York University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

NYU is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 52,775.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IT

Online Classes Are Available at NYU

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

For those who are interested in distance learning, NYU does offer online courses in IT for the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

NYU Information Technology Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

In 2021, 431 students received their master’s degree in IT from NYU. This makes it the #5 most popular school for IT master’s degree candidates in the country.

IT Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at New York University.

NYU Information Technology Master’s Program

52% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 431 students earned a master's degree in IT from NYU. About 52% of these graduates were women and the other 48% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in IT.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 27
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 25
International Students 347
Other Races/Ethnicities 11

NYU also has a doctoral program available in IT. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Computer User Support Specialists 45,190 $60,160
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 25,940 $94,940
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.